A "Forgotten Luther" Symposium: Re-Claiming a Vision of Global Community
We are facing a global crisis - ecological, political, and economic. A Spirit-led response from churches in the Global South reminds us of Martin Luther’s oft-neglected conviction that God’s gift of grace in Jesus has far-reaching implications, not just for individual lives but for the ways we live together on this earth. A new heaven and earth break in for us as we reclaim a vision of global community.
The Forgotten Luther Series:
Friday October 25, 2019 4:00PM - 9:30PM
Saturday, October 26, 2019 7:00AM - 1:30PM
• Luther's Theology of the Cross: Africa and Beyond
• The Immigrant Luther: Servant or Prophet?
• When Governments and Politicians Fail: The Role of the Church
• Re-Shaping the World in Hope: Luther, Palestine, and the Global Society
• Polarization in Church, Society, and the World Today: Can Luther Help?
Saint Luke Lutheran Church, 9100 Colesville Road, Silver Spring, Maryland 20910
Forgotten Luther III Speakers
Global Mission, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America; ELCA World Hunger; ELCA Metro D.C. Synod; and Saint Luke Lutheran Church, Silver Spring, MD.
9100 Colesville Road | Silver Spring, MD | 20910 | phone: 301.588.4363 | fax: 301-588-2156